Please join us on our journey to bring home our son, William Andrew Graham.

William Andrew Graham was born on August 8, 2006. His name given at birth was Ivan Vladimirovich Bychkov. He was born at 29 weeks in a local hospital in Novokuznetsk, Russia. His mother abandoned him at the hospital and has not been heard from since. At birth he weighed a little over 2 pounds and was 43 cm long. He came to the orphanage in Novokuznetsk in October of 2006. To our knowledge, he is a healthy 2 year old with some mild psycho-speech delays. We now begin our journey to bring home our son who will be known as Drew.

Friday, May 8, 2009

On April 30th we received a call from our Adoption agency that we had a court date to come and get our son! The court date is set for May 26th in Kemerovo, Russia. We will be leaving the U.S. on May 20th and are set to return on June 17th. We hope to use this blog to stay in touch with all of our friends and family. We will try to keep it updated daily while in Russia. Please use this to keep in contact with us as well! Thanks and we love all of you!

8 comments:

  1. Timothy & Laura, We will pray for you all while you are gone & your safety. We are so happy for you that this time has finally come to bring your little boy home.And don't worry about A.P. she will be rotten by the time you get back! Ha! Ha! We love you both! Cant wait to meet the new Graham! Love Ronnie & Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY, we are so excited for ya'll. Can't wait to meet sweet little Drew! Love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl! I emailed you last night, I am sorry we didn't get a chance to get together before you left. I know this is going to be a crazy trip, please let me know if you have any questions and need ideas for stuff to do in Moscow during your down time. Find the TGIF and McDonalds and you should be fine! :) I will check in daily! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. laura and tim, I already miss you and you just left today. Hurry home with our new grandson, cause I can't wait to spoil him rotten Love you and be safe and Tim , please don;t do anything crazy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in the U.S.S.R.!

    Hey Guys,

    Good to hear from you. Thank God, or somebody, for technology. Laura, I saw your instant message on Facebook and responded, but I guess you'd already given up on me. Sorry, I ddn't see it right away; I didn't even know I could do that.
    Hope the plane ride to Keremovo goes well and you get to see Drew really soon. We'll be thinking about you next Tuesday for sure!
    I've not been called in to sedate your mom yet so I guess she's handling it fine :)

    Be safe! Enjoy the experience! Love ya!

    - kate & seth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura and Tim, I hope this finds u at a good time and wanted u to know that my family is praying for you guys and wishing u all the kisses and huggs coming your way. We pray for all your wishes to come true. May God bless ya'll in this journey.
    Sincerley, Patricia Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you two, Just want to say good Sunday morning before we go to church & let you know that we are going to put on the prayer request about the 10 day delay. We know that prayer does work!I hope the flight to the new city was good & you will see Drew soon! Just remember... there is a light at the end... and his name is DREW... this will all be over soon & you will be home with your family. A.P. is fine. She is having a ball with Donna & I know that she will with Gwen too! Love to you both! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Again,

    Just read your latest post. I guess you're sleeping right now...if you can get any. Will DEF be thinking about ya'll today. Hope to hear more soon!

    - Kate & Seth
    P.S. I got 'Nikki' on the Y & R 'Leading Lady' quiz; i thought i would get Phyllis; who did you get? :)

    ReplyDelete