Please join us on our journey to bring home our son, William Andrew Graham.

William Andrew Graham was born on August 8, 2006. His name given at birth was Ivan Vladimirovich Bychkov. He was born at 29 weeks in a local hospital in Novokuznetsk, Russia. His mother abandoned him at the hospital and has not been heard from since. At birth he weighed a little over 2 pounds and was 43 cm long. He came to the orphanage in Novokuznetsk in October of 2006. To our knowledge, he is a healthy 2 year old with some mild psycho-speech delays. We now begin our journey to bring home our son who will be known as Drew.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update Day 6

Today was our court date! We had to go to court before the judge to petition to adopt our son. It only took about 40 minutes. The judge did not waive the 10 day waiting period, so that means we are stuck here for another 2 weeks before we go back to Moscow. Then in Moscow we will have another week. It is cold and rainy here in Kemerovo. The temperature is in the 40's and 50's. We will be able to go and see Drew on Thursday. It is a 3 hour drive there to the orphange so I don't think we will get to stay for a long time. We don't know when the next time will be when we can see him. Maybe we will know more after Thursday! Thanks for all your prayers and please keep praying for us that this time will pass quickly!

Laura and Tim

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Court is over and Drew is offically yours. Try to use this time to rest and prepare for your new journey with Drew. Enjoy the sights of Kemerovo. If I remember, the sun doesn't go down until 10:00 ish. Keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Timothy & Laura From Donna! Just finished work & came by Jill's so thought I'de send you both my love. I miss you both very much & looking forward to hearing from you. I know you both are homesick, but hang in there it will pay off! I'm looking forward to June 17th, & really that wont be to long, I know thats easy for me to say.I can't wait to get A.P. again, Gwen & I talk alot to keep each other filled in & going each day.Everyone at PaPa Jacks has been asking about you both & the progress so I'm keeping them posted. I hope your both O.K. Cant wait to put my arms around all of you. Love you both! Mama Donna P.S. hey from me... Jill Just wanted to tell you I put you guys on our prayer list Sunday & John Wood e-mailed me today & said they would pray for you both. He also said we have had a couple of families who adopted from Russia & it takes alot of patience & Time. But turned out great! Love to you both! Jill

    ReplyDelete