Please join us on our journey to bring home our son, William Andrew Graham.

William Andrew Graham was born on August 8, 2006. His name given at birth was Ivan Vladimirovich Bychkov. He was born at 29 weeks in a local hospital in Novokuznetsk, Russia. His mother abandoned him at the hospital and has not been heard from since. At birth he weighed a little over 2 pounds and was 43 cm long. He came to the orphanage in Novokuznetsk in October of 2006. To our knowledge, he is a healthy 2 year old with some mild psycho-speech delays. We now begin our journey to bring home our son who will be known as Drew.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Update Day 9

Today we got to see Drew! It was a long 3 hour drive to the orphanage and 3 hours back. We got to spend about 1 1/2 hours with him. He was very shy and scared for the majority of the visit. Towards the end, about the last 5 minutes, he finally began to open up to Tim and I. He is a very stubborn little boy. He didn't look very good today, he had a black eye and multiple abrasions and bruises on his face and back. They keep telling us that he is a fighter, so he must be getting into fights with all the other kids. He hasn't grown at all. His clothes were 12 months and his shoes were size 5, which were a little tight. So, we hope the 18 months clothes we brought him will do. I am going to attempt to post a slideshow of pictures for you guys. If it doesn't work, I'll just post a few of the best ones. We don't know when we will get to see him again, possibly Wednesday. Overall the trip was good, just seeing him like he is makes me worry. But I know in time after coming home with us he will be better! Thanks for all the prayers, emails, and comments. I only get an hour a day on the internet which is what I look forward to the most. I am more homesick than I have ever been. We are just trying to take it one day at a time. Love you guys!

Tim and Laura

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to see Drew. Once we got to take Cooper with us, everything was different. He felt better, he looked better, he acted different. Just hang in there. As God says... "the greatest of the 3 is Love..." You will be amazed at how much your love will change him for the better. Once you get back to Moscow, give him some french fries and ice cream! These are probably 2 things he has never had and will enjoy. I know that 3 hour drive stinks!! Beware when you do pick him up, he may get car sick. Keep a bag handy and a change of clothes. He probably has never been in a car before. Also, he will sit in your lap, no car seats. You may already know this, but I just wanted to warn you. Also, is he potty trained? Try to keep you spirits up! Thanks for the pictures and the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos. They are all just precious. My favorites are the last two with Drew and Tim taking a stroll and Drew doing the "What? Me?" hands. So cute.
    I'm sure it's very tough and discouraging to see the bruises and scrapes. That would be hard to take, but it's great you have a friend in the above post who's been through this and can ensure you that things will get better.
    Hope you get to see him again soon and now that I've seen him again I REALLY can't wait for ya'll to get home.
    It's gonna be SO HARD not to spoil the heck out of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Timothy & Laura, Well Georgia morning. I love the pictures you posted, Drew looks like he has grown some since the last photos Ive seen.They are so cute it looks like you were all playing good! I love the one of him & his daddy walking outside, its sweet.Well we are getting ready for Gabe's b-day party, it will be wild here today. But the weather is going to be 85 all day, thank the Lord!No Rain! I cant wait to see more photos, & I hope that you are doing O.K. Remember.. I will see A.P. today. Ha! Ha! Just kiddingI wont let her eat much. Love To you both! Talk to you soon! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to squeez e him! There is one good thing about him being a fighter...he can take care of himself, he and Smith are gonna be two peas in a pod. I am so pumped! I can't believe you have figured out the hours yall have been there/together. I will agree that is a LONG time with no breaks. Can you rent bikes or anything...John and I would be struggling too! Well yall are halfway there just stay positive and keep the beer and vodka stocked. We miss yall
    NJS&P

    PS I will send you some PB&J if you can give me an address!

    ReplyDelete