Please join us on our journey to bring home our son, William Andrew Graham.

William Andrew Graham was born on August 8, 2006. His name given at birth was Ivan Vladimirovich Bychkov. He was born at 29 weeks in a local hospital in Novokuznetsk, Russia. His mother abandoned him at the hospital and has not been heard from since. At birth he weighed a little over 2 pounds and was 43 cm long. He came to the orphanage in Novokuznetsk in October of 2006. To our knowledge, he is a healthy 2 year old with some mild psycho-speech delays. We now begin our journey to bring home our son who will be known as Drew.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update Day 11

Not much to update today either! It has been raining all day and it's about 65 degrees. It kind of feels like our fall. We have watched a movie, played rummy for the 1,000th time. Tim is out right now trying to find me some food, bless his heart. I have one ravioli left and one ramen noodle left. We don't have a microwave so we use the coffee pot to boil the water and heat the food! You should see Tim in the bath/shower. It is pretty hilarious!! He barely fits, frankly I don't know how he can even wash himself! Hopefully tomorrow we will find out when we will get to see Drew again. And again, Thanks for blog comments and emails everyday!! YOU don't know how much they help! Love you guys

Tim and Laura

5 comments:

  1. We had some interesting adventures with the bath/shower too. Our shower did not work so we took a bucket of water and stood in the bathtub and washed. We had to get water from the sink to fill the bucket. It was an adventure! Honestly, these will be the stories that you will tell Drew one day and you will all laugh. Make sure you take pictures of the place you stayed, cooking your food in a coffee pot, playing rummy (we played phase 10). I know you can find the strength to make it, as hard as it may seem, you can do this!! Is your hotel next to a furniture store? Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timothy & Laura, I'm on the phone with Donna now & they are coming over to swim tonight.We all went to a car show this afternoon at a church in Buford, & A.P. got a tee shirt, & I got Ladies choice. I told Buster I told them not to vote on his car! Ha! Ha!It is hot as ever today..90 so a good night to swim!A.P. is so excited to come back .Laura A.P. fixed food for Paw Paw today & he tasted it, he said what ever it was it had vinegar in it & she also fixed him peanut butter & mayo sandwich yuck! She is a nut! I also have to go see Dr. woo again to stretch it again in the morning. It closed up! Fun huh? I dread that! Donna said she loves yall. Ok gotta go get my suit on, looks like they are here.A.P. longlegs cracks me up jumping off the diving board, she reminds me of Timothy long & lanky. She is so funny!You two hang in there! It will be late before you hear from us tommorow, I'll be on drugs,Ha! Ha! Love ya'll Jill & Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Timothy and Laura, this is Trish, Ben's mom and I work with Donna at PJ. Donna has been be updated on everything and I finally got on the blog and just wanted ya'll to know there is one more person over here who is thinking of you and sending you good thoughts and prayers. Drew is so lucky to coming to such a wonderful family, can't wait to meet him. Ya'll take care of each other and stay safe. Love, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura and Timothy!!
    I'm so computer illiterate that I tried to send
    you a message last week and I couldn't figure it out!! Anyway---it sounds like you're really ready to come home. We can't wait to meet Drew.
    The pictures are great!! We finally got some good sunny weather for a few days. I notice you have on jackets and jeans. You'll be coming home at a great time. We'll start swimming soon (the water's cold right now!).We
    did get to cook out and eat outside last nite.
    Nothing too exciting is happening here. Natalie's helping with Bible School for the pre-K group this week. It's her first day--I can't wait to hear how it went. Ya'll try to
    stay busy--with what, I don't know! You probably saw the entire village or city in the
    first five minutes!! Maybe you can read some novels----in Russian!!! We're thinking about you both. I'll write again. See you soon!!!!!

    Garnett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura and Timothy!!

    I know you are having a really good time "now"
    that Drew is with you. I hope the plane ride
    to Moscow is okay. He sounds like he is enjoying being with you (I'm sure!) and he's probably ready to get HOME. We're thinking about you and saying a prayer that time will pass quickly and then--you're home. We're still having great weather--so be prepared to get outside and have some fun with Anna Paige and Drew soon. We love ya'll and will see you soon!!!
    Love, Garnett

    ReplyDelete