Please join us on our journey to bring home our son, William Andrew Graham.

William Andrew Graham was born on August 8, 2006. His name given at birth was Ivan Vladimirovich Bychkov. He was born at 29 weeks in a local hospital in Novokuznetsk, Russia. His mother abandoned him at the hospital and has not been heard from since. At birth he weighed a little over 2 pounds and was 43 cm long. He came to the orphanage in Novokuznetsk in October of 2006. To our knowledge, he is a healthy 2 year old with some mild psycho-speech delays. We now begin our journey to bring home our son who will be known as Drew.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Update Day 12

Boring Day! We tried to sleep late because it was raining outside. Then we went to exhange our American money for rubels (russian money). We had to pay our hotel for the remaining days. Then we walked to the grocery store. In the grocery store we overheard someone talking English. We immediately ran around the corner and followed them up to the register. Turns out, they are over here for an adoption also. It was 2 couples from Toronto, Canada. They have already adopted from here before, but there orphange is different than ours. We are going to try to meet with them sometime this week if we see them again. Tim and I have hit a low point. We washed our clothes in the bathtub today!!! So now Tim's underwear is hanging in the window of our hotel for all of these Russian ladies to see!! We will know tomorrow when we get to see Drew again. Please keep emailing and commenting on our blog, we love to hear all of those comments! Love you guys
Tim and Laura

3 comments:

  1. Good job finding someone who is adopting too. You need to find those people again and never let them out of your sight. Other english people people are the best! You can only talk so much to each other. Did you ask them about any food places? Did you take a picture of you guys washing clothes in the bathtub? I am telling you, these are precious memories. You definitely need to get a picture of the underwear in the window and post it online! LOL. Day 12, you are almost done in Kemerovo! You can do this!!! I feel you pain, I really do! I wish I could give you more advise, but Kemerovo is just a boring place. Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister and brother-in-law Im so jealous that my panties arent hanging out my window...you are almost there only a few more days and then only 21 years ha ha miss you guys it seems like you been gone forever. I know you are nervous but theres no doubt in my mind that you will adjust really soon. I talked to Debbie about maybe taking Drew into her daycare so that she can gibe him more one on one time. cause you know she has the patience of job and we dont...what do you think? Hes so cute I cant stand it everybody tells me he favors aunt meme and I love it ofcourse....He's going to be a handful but just leave him with papa a week and he'll be fine.ha Well you know I dont have access to a computer but Charity let me use hers...We are going to clean your house next week ..and Charity bought Drew some cool stuff Im going to rearrange the living room..ok? Love you lots see you soon...Drew Aunt meme loves you so much already.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Timothy & Laura, Didnt get to ya yesterday was on drugs,& slept most the day. I hope this time Dr, Woo took care of it! I bet the Russian women think there is a giant in that room, Ha! Ha!They probably say look oh my goodness how big...funny.Laura you better not hang yours out! Its going to be hot again here today very sunny! I think Donna & A.P. might come back to swim today. That girl is a mess.Not many more days there , I know you two will make it. That is great about meeting others who speak english, I hope you can get together. Lots of support for each other. Love to you both we will write again when Donna & A.P. comes over.(you know to get her bucket) Ha! Ha! love yas! Jill

    ReplyDelete